JB believes that healthcare is a universal right and, as Governor, he has been working to expand access to care, improve the quality of care available, and make it more affordable.
- Expanded healthcare to 120,000 more Illinoisans with bipartisan reforms to eliminate the Medicaid backlog
- Capped the price of insulin to help reduce the cost of a life-saving medicine
- Improved the quality of care for seniors through better funding for nursing homes and in-home care
- Protected an individual’s right to make decisions about their own reproductive health
- Strengthened critical access to hospitals in rural downstate communities
- Fully funded the reconstruction of Quincy Veterans’ Home and restarted work on the long-delayed 200-bed Chicago Veterans’ Home